SPEAKER: Charly Mould
Charly joined The Chinese Room as Technical Designer in 2021 following their time at Rare working on super-secret Unreal Engine projects, and as a Mod Author for a range of games. They’ve worked on a range of amazing games - including Everwild – and are currently working on an exciting mix of projects for The Chinese Room.
SESSION 2 - DESIGN STREAM
EFFECTIVE AI DEVELOPMENT - WHAT IS YOUR EXPECTATION?
In this session, we take a high-level look at AI development and the various aspects that come together to create believable characters. The talk has a focus on effectively communicating design and the importance of player interpretation. There will be some slightly technical sections.
• Learn to communicate design in a correct and efficient way.
• Have a "bigger picture" understanding of AI development as a whole
• Have a general idea of when an AI system (or its components) may not be suited for purpose
• Understanding the vastly varying costs of AI and where they can come from
• Understand the importance of player interpretation and expectation