This talk dives into the four most reported types of neurodiversity in the industry, discussing their unique strengths and challenges. She offers advice and suggested best working practices both for managers supporting neurodiversity within their teams and for neurodiverse folks navigating a neurotypical-biased world.
• What neurodiversity is and what it means + appropriate language surrounding it.
• How neurodiversity and the games industry are linked.
• Workplace strategies for neurodiverse individuals and managers of neurodiverse teams.
• Best practices for working with neurodiversity (it's NOT one size fits all).
• Support and help are available for all; empowering neurodiverse folks with info re: what support options they can request at work.